Re: [school-discuss] Website admin for students

On Monday 05 April 2004 02:52 am, garry saddington wrote:

> > Oh no, don't even try that crap.  Inherently buggy and one of the
> > most insecure web apps in my experience :(
> >
> > Sad to say and would be glad to see it the other way, but.

> > Better.

> > > If you are considering other CMS options, you might want to
> > > also consider TYPO3 (http://typo3.org).
> >
> > Definitely.  Especially it there's non-zero "advanced" part of
> > folks who can grok initial learning and setting up (they're
> > stating "read docs for a month, do things in hours").
> >
> > And I do know there are .de, .dk, .fr, ...
>
> Zope is so good that after I discovered it I did'nt bother to try anything
> else. I am now building a complex database driven web application with it
> and it is straightforward once you get the hang of it.
> regards
> garry

Well, if you're building your own, there's certainly not any reason for T3.
TYPO3 is good if you want a lot of out-of-the-box functionality, with a
framework that allows you to build what isn't already there. It does have
some learning curve for the advanced stuff, but basic site setup and
extension loading isn't very hard. Hey, if I can do it, that proves you don't
need to know what you're doing! :)

Cheers
Alex