Re: [school-discuss] Mandrake and Conectiva

Leon Brooks wrote:
On Wednesday 23 March 2005 15:48, Leon Brooks wrote:

Mandrake have done a fairly impressive job with URPMI, and are already
changing a broad range of policies to take aboard Conectiva ideas, so
I'd say that the future looks fairly bright there. Modulo a new
cartooney boot screen currently being shouted down in the Cooker list.

Urgh. They shipped it. <thwack!> Even the favourable review that their own email bulletin links to (http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/639) derides it.

I call it the Stoned Penguin Edition.

LOL. I don't like the new name much either (makes me think of "drivel"). I've heard that 10.2/2005 is pretty good, though I have no pressing need to upgrade from 10.1 at the moment.

Robin