Re: [school-discuss] Cost comparisons for Linux vs. Windows

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:37, William Abernathy wrote:
> You might also cite the tremendous administrative burden of rights
> management. If M$ wants to shake down their Jefferson Parish with a
> software audit, you'd be in the catbird seat to say, "Sorry, we don't use
> your software. Bye." Nicer still would be not having to hire an
> administrator to manage tracking who has what license on which machine, and
> where the certificates are.

It's worth noting that the BSA has the right to *perform* audits themselves,
IIRC they don't have the right to force *you* to do the audit or charge *you*
for doing it. They're paid enough already anyway. So if they mail you, write
back to say `OK, when did you want to send your people in to do the audit?'
and see what the response is.

> M$ attacks school districts. Copy the Steve Duin article from the Portland
> Oregonian last April. Hold the beast accountable for its behavior.

Agree.

Cheers; Leon