From: owner-schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net
[mailto:owner-schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net] On Behalf Of ian
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 4:56 PM
To: schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Preparing the next freeduc-cd release

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 21:37, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > OFSET is preparing the next freeduc-cd release, planed for
> > > october/automn. This release is supported by UNESCO and the UNESCO
will
> > > distribute it all around. Of course as OFSET is a member of
SchoolForge
> > > this is also a SchoolForge project with the matching logo :-)
> >
> > Just to let you know that the OpenOffice.org project will be starting
> > and education campaign in October designed to get OO.o to as many school
> > aged children as possible.
>
> That is excellent news. Good luck to them :-)

Actually, its me leading it so if anyone wants to help by either burning
a few OO.o CDs or sending posters to their local schools just drop me an
E-mail! Every little bit helps so even if its just sending some E-mails
out to let the schools know about it it will help. The idea is to try
and get as much activity to coincide with October 13th, the third
anniversary of the OO.o project. We hope to generate some spin off
publicity in the media as a result.
--
ian <ian.lynch2@ntlworld.com>