[school-discuss] Who invented what, the history of World Wide Web and the Information Highway

mandag 30 august 2004, 02:59, skrev Dr. Robert G. Rittenhouse:
> Well, CERN is in Switzerland but I don't think it's actually Swiss.
> European Nuclear Research Center. The web was invented by Sir Tim
> Berners Lee, who is British.

CERN  is the European Organization for Particle Physics Research,   the
world's largest particle physics laboratory, situated on the border
between France and Switzerland, just west of Geneva.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN

World Wide Web:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_wide_web

Sir Timothy (Tim) John Berners-Lee:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners_Lee

The term: Information highway
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_highway

About the Internet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

Al Gore and the federal program called for all schools and libraries to
be wired to the Internet. This was a culmination of work that he had
started several years before. While serving in the Senate, Gore had
introduced legislation which called for the creation of a new federal
research center for educational computing to support an "information
systems highway".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore

- Knut Yrvin
--
Project manager (cel: +47 908 95 765) Skolelinux Norway and OpenOffice
translation to Norwegian. Office 1: SLX Debian Labs Forskningsparken,