Re: [school-discuss] NETS (Nat'l Edu. Tech. Standards) lesson plans for OSS edu software?

Marilyn Hagle a écrit :
> Last year I was home with small children so I spent the year trying to
> sell tech products (SafeDesk and some network security solutions) to
> schools.  Much of that effort was devoted to promoting  Linux/OSS.  I
> couldn't help myself.  It was fun.
>
> After speaking with many teachers and tech directors throughout the
> year, I think I have reached a similar conclusion:   when teachers have
> tangible lesson plans in their hands that use OSS, the software will
> emerge from obscurity.   Most teachers are not married to an OS - they
> just want tools that help them do the job.
>
> I am returning to teaching this year as a 5/6 grade music teacher.  I am
> already working on gathering old computers to make a thin client lab in
> my classroom - hoping to use the SafeDesk download and run all of the
> great open source music software.  Also, Hilaire, I will pass out the
> Freeduc Primary CD to all the other teachers.

Where I am very sad with freeduc-cd primary is that most of the
documentation is only in French. It is quite a lot of introduction
document related to the software include in the cd (something like a 180
A4 pages). If translated in English it will be very helpfull to English
speaking people, althought it will quite a lot of work
(http://www.ofset.org/freeduc-doc)

Hilaire

--
http://www.ofset.org/petition