[school-discuss] auctioning open source software

Folks, is anyone aware of open source software that could do this for a school that is having auctions for fundraising? If not, we should put it on someone's list, if fundraising is not an important part of school technology, I don't know what is.

Daniel

"We are looking at a software called AuctionPay that we hope to use. We used this software for our last auction, but only the terminals for swiping credit cards during the night of the auction. Using all components of this software will allow us to enter auction items, bid numbers, bid sheets, and will link family information for ease in checking out, in addition to tracking rsvp’s. It also can link to our website. The AuctionPay representative (who is not in Atlanta) can do an on line demonstration and give us 14 days to try it out. The cost of the software is $1,595 and goes up September 1^st , so I’m hoping we can set up the demo during the first week of school and have those last couple of weeks in August to try it out before the price increase."