Re: [school-discuss] Review of OLPC Machine

Joel Kahn wrote:
Since there has been some discussion on this
list lately of the One Laptop Per Child program,
I think that you might want to see this recent
analysis of an OLPC computer:

http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/

Joel

Thanks for passing this on Joel. I wonder how the review would fare if a secondary school student reviewed it, or even a young adult, the latter two being part of my target market for my Malawi project.

The squishy keyboard comment got me thinking. You can buy those as standalone keyboards. Our 5th grade kids tried it out and liked it at first, probably for same reasons as the 12 year old reviewer above, but later complained that they couldn't type as fast on it as with a conventional keyboard. But maybe that squishy keyboard is the right solution for my Malawi project given the robustness to moisture and dust.

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Howard