[school-discuss] software list? materials? homeschooling?

The http://www.schoolforge.net/ webpage has "Education Software". I
clicked "All Software" and saw the compression/file archiver.

Is it schoolforge's goal to keep a list of all software that can be used
in one way or another by a school (teacher/student/technology staff)?

I think that it might be a waste of your resources to attempt to catalog
all software like this and to just point website users to other existing
software lists.

But schoolforge should still catalog software that is specific to
education such as the list at
http://www.schoolforge.net/education-software/educational or
http://www.schoolforge.net/education-software/web-based

Also the "What is Schoolforge" webpage says the foundry provides
information and materials. This makes me think of courseware, textbooks,
handouts, and curriculum. But I can't find anything like that. Does it
exist? Please point me to it.

In particular, I am looking for "open" courseware, textbooks, handouts,
and curriculum that can be used for homeschooling. What resources does
schoolforge currently provide?

And what resources can schoolforge provide in the future?

I am willing to assist with advocacy (press releases and announcements),
populate and organize wiki, upload content and materials, etc.

I'd prefer not to duplicate others' efforts but build upon or help improve
existing project.

And I'd prefer not to spend US$600 to US$2000 per year on proprietary
curriculum or materials. If I do spend money I want the end result to be
"open".

Can schoolforge be used for helping create and/or host courseware,
textbooks, handouts, and curriculum?

Does anyone here have materials they can start contributing?

Or can you point me to another websites(s) that catalog "open" materials?

(With the definition of "open" meaning I can share derived versions of
it.)

  Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I have been a member of the seul/schoolforge list for six years.