[school-discuss] Online Conference: Free computers for STEM students

Hi all,
just wanted to send a final reminder that on Friday, 10AM EDT, we're hosting a free, online conference to discuss open source computing and education. We have 5 presenters who will be talking about the work that they've done in STEM education using open source resources. Feel free to hop in on Friday and ask questions in the chat.

If you know someone who might be interested in attending, please send this along to them. We hope to see you there!

Quick overview:

What: Introduction to the FLOSS Desktops for Kids program and how to participate.

When: August 18, 10:00 am  - 1:00pm EDT

Where: Jit.si video conferencing (join here: http://jit.si/flossdesktops)

Presenters (sound like you?):

Schedule and event info: http://bit.ly/2vmqPpV

QUESTIONS, contact Lindsay Clark (le03clar@xxxxxxxxx), or Nick Carpinello (n26carp@xxxxxxxxx)

About FLOSS Desktops for Kids...

The FLOSS (Free/libre Open Source Software) Desktops for Kids program teaches students to rebuild desktop hardware and software--learning about computers and computing by doing. Once completed, students take their computers home… "for keeps."

How FLOSS Desktops for Kids works...

Benefits of FLOSS Desktops for Kids

Interested? Save the date (August 18th) and spread the word!