Re: [school-discuss] Security and Linux

On Sunday 15 December 2002 11:50 am, David Bucknell wrote:
> The comment went along the lines of "Well, it's Linux.  It's
> secure and you don't have to worry about hackers."

Dead wrong. It's *easier* to secure Linux, and *easier* to keep it secure, and
*easier* to update it (many distros, anyway), and *easier* to limit the
damage done by unforseen intrusions, but the statement at face value is
wrong.

> They also were unable to tell me about the software that would be used
> and also that this software had ways to cache dynamic content.  ASP, etc.

There are a couple of settings in Squid that will do this. With whimsical
results, sometimes.

Cheers; Leon