Re: [school-discuss] 3D interactive games for

hello,

that's a tough one, 3D interactive games for 5 year olds.  most
good linux 3d programmers are aiming at an older audience.  could
you be a bit more specific about what you want?  take some time
and try to describe the ideal 3d interactive game for your 5 year
old audience, in non-technical terms any K. teacher would grasp
on first hearing.  if you can do that, i might even understand it :-)

meanwhile, here are some free resources that might help :

http://212.67.202.53/~simonmayor/mmtpix1.htm coloring books,
rhymes, basic musical concepts ...

http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/dinosaurs/---> warning!
scary dino sounds ...

http://www.candlelightstories.com/D001/morekids.asp ---> nice
little colorful story books. about 100 of them !!!!!

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/books/ -----> let your
students make their own books (dozens of them...)

they are from our resource page.

hope this helps ...

mike eschman, etc ...
http://www.etc-edu.com
"Not just an afterthought ...

On Tuesday 17 December 2002 09:22 pm, Stephen Liu wrote:
 > Hi Doug,
 >
 > Thanks for your response.
 >
 > No specific educational games.  The problem I am trying to
solve is:

 > There are hundreds of link on Internet.  I can't fully
understand what they
 > are only reading their short introduction without downloading,
installing
 > and playing around with them.  What I am trying to locate are
games with
 > demo, not screeshot, on Internet.  Or even better if I can
play them
 > directly on Internet avoiding download and installation.
 >
 > I have tried to search those game with google.com without
success.  Maybe
 > my searching criterion is not correct.  Hoping that some folks
on the list
 > can shed me some light.
 >
 > Thanks
 >
 > Stephen Liu
 >
 > At 11:53 AM 12/17/2002 -0500, you wrote:
 > >Stephen Liu wrote:
 > >>Hi all folks,
 > >>I am searching for 3D interactive games for Kindergarten
from open
 > >>source.  Google search gave me hundreds of links.  It will
be difficult
 > >>for me to assess which of them will be suitable for
Kindergarten kids

--
(http://www.etc-edu.com ) Not just an afterthought ...