[school-discuss] christmas vacation - science fiction classics for everyone, maybe a little science too ...

hello,

christmas vacation started today, at 7 pm :-)  that means i get to goof, and
do all the things i love.

so a new slew of audio books will be put on the site for the 24th, cause i
love giving presents.

i finished jules verne's mysterious island, a remake of 20,000 leagues under
the sea, well's the first men to the moon  and the war of the worlds.  by the
24th, i expect to have journey to the center of the earth, the island of dr.
moreau, pinocchio and peter pan.

it'll be on a cd image,

next year, i'll finish up lion, witch and wardrobe and odyssey, unless i have
a fit of boredom in the meanwhile.

i hope others on this list love balzac, hardy and joseph conrad.

blue moon theatre will be producing lion, witch and wardrobe live.

we do a lot of 3D simulations for customers.  we are working up the nerve to
create an animated video of 20,000 leagues, a loose improvisation of a visit
to atlantis, liberally stealing fabricated fokelore from a cult classic,

the illuminatus trilogy.

we are ready to create a new curicullium.  being a working scientist, i refuse
to be dictated materials by politicians.  who lives long enough to pretend
that's [i.e. government standards] has got anything to do with education?

now and then, you have to pretend you do it for the kids ...

the lunar environment is an interesting way to introduce geology to children.
lunar surface processes, minerals, chemistry and the physical properties of
the lunar surface have as much charm and appeal as anything on heaven or
earth.

helping students correctly visualize the solar system, and it's place in the
galaxy is a great way to turn them into thinking and feeling entities.

the architecture of the solar system encompasses dynamics, composition,
heavenly bodies (Ohhhhh!), and especially placement [i.e. location] -
because we all know that being in the right place is fundamental -

buckaroo banzi : "Whereever you are, that's where you're at."

i'm talking about physical properties, where all the deep magic is hidden,
waiting for love and curosity to be released.

we haven't forgotten shakespeare.  any nominations for first up to bat?

anyone want to send students to new orleans for jazzfest in the spring?

time for eggnog!

mike eschman, etc ...

--
(http://www.etc-edu.com ) Not just an afterthought ...