[school-discuss] SasiXP on Linux?

The powers that be in our district in New Mexico, USA have decided to
purcahse sasiXP to replace our againg and inadequate M$ Access-based
student management system.  Now that they have decided this, it is up to
us poor technolgy folks to help recommend how this is going to happen.
The problem is, we are in the middle of migrating our remaining NT 4.0
servers to Linux - and I am extremely wary about the vague solutions (I
think DB4 files instead of a real database server - shared from Samba, I
presume) that have been offered by NCS.  I know that any incompabitily
will meet with the "Well, it runs fine on Windows 2000" excuse.

My question for the list:  Is anyone running sasiXP in a Linux-served
environment?  How has that gone?  Specifically, how many piles of data
do you end up with in a WAN (fractional-T1 type stuff) and what kind of
problems can we expect to have with this software?

We are meeting with administrators to discuss the implentation, and to
be honest, I have nothing but trepidation, but no solid arguments to
offer other.  I would hate for one application causing our entire Open
Source software drive to backslide and end with an M$ School Agreement,
and them looking for a new sysadmin. ;)