Re: [school-discuss] More: Things teachers like . . .

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 09:50, Marilyn Hagle wrote:

<snip>

> In my own school district (large = about 35 campuses) I have a "gag
> order" on me.  I am really not supposed to try to convert anyone to
> Linux -
>
> <snip>

Gee, I had a job like that until recently.  Except the people I worked
for support about 30 school districts in 2 counties.  All they offer is
Windows "solutions" (more like "problems").  Even with many school
districts unable to afford the Windows technology they would not look at
Linux as a possible other product to offer.  When I was growing up I was
taught that the different between America and Communist countries was
that in America you're given a choice!  So I exercised my choice and
left (in disgust).  BTW, it was a state funded agency.

--
Jim Anderson

Open
Source