Re: [school-discuss] authorization management

Jake Maul wrote:
Greetings,

How do you manage per-user accounts, spread over multiple client PCs? NIS? LDAP? Manually copied /etc/{passwd,shadow,group} and NFS homedirs?

How do you guys do it?

Thanks in advance,
Jake
An alternative to LDAP you might look into is nss-mysql. In testing here nss-mysql has been plenty fast and mysql is less of a headache to deal with than LDAP in my experience, (depends on what you need). We were actually testing nss-mysql with radius for authenication for our purposes.

NFS homedirs are nice, you could go as far as running a thin client.

- cameron