[school-discuss] USB Thumbdrives (again....)

I'm working on a project for my son's school, namely putting free applications on USB sticks.

However my last great quandary is synchronization... I want to ensure that their work files get replicated properly & ftp'd/rsync'd to a school server so I am looking for suggestions. I tried SyncBack but ran into portability problems with it, so I'm looking at Unison, the FireFox Gmail G-Space plugin, the defunct Easter project (see "easta" on sourceforge... ) or some combination of rsync/puTTY.

I'm also planning to provide security features, including encryption, process monitoring... I'm evaluating different encryption tools, Free OFTE, CrossCrypt, TrueCrypt to see which are the most portable. These tools are neat in that they create a monolithic, private virtual folder that serves as the encrypted file store. Very nice.

I'm wondering about setting up puTTY or Unison w/ certificates that are themselves kept in an encrypted file store....

BTW... I'm talking to a director of an existing foundation about setting up a curriculum program for FOSS applications. We'll see how it goes....

/lee

======
/lee
| This concludes our broadcast day |