Re: [school-discuss] Developer Requesting Feedback Please

On 12/4/07, Bill Kendrick <nbs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 09:38:53PM -0700, Brian Pratt wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would appreciate some feedback from those who are willing to give
> > it.  I am wondering if my website and software would be a good
> > candidate for the open source school community.
>
> Well, just to be pedantic, will your software _be_ open source?
> (As in, if a school wants to take your software and use it for their
> own purposes, refactor it, etc., is it licensed in such a way that this
> is possible?)
>
> Or did you just mean: schools utilizing open source platforms
> (e.g., Linux OS and Firefox browser) can use it?
>
> I admit, I haven't actually _looked_ at the site yet; bedtime! :)
>
> -bill!

Bill, thanks for the reply.

To answer your question, I am not really sure.  I have never been
involved in open source development before and would like to hear your
opinion on pros and cons of each license method.  I would assume the
open source license would similar to that of Asymptopia.org.

I'd like to hear the pros and cons of open source development for
schools, in general.

Thanks!
FatPratt