[school-discuss] Ah . . . sorry . . . I did not mean that Drupal is the killer app

Hmm . . . sorry . . . I did not communicate very well earlier and maybe I
misunderstood as well.

By "killer app" do we mean the one thing that will finally get the educational
community to use Linux?

Actually, Moodle is probably the killer app in this context, but really I am
talking about a need that only Open Source Software and Open Content can fill -
bringing affordable classes to kids.

The Open Content efforts out there are cool, but I have not seen anything yet
that brings it down to grass roots usability like a Moodle Restore can do.
Also, podcasts, simple instructional videos, teleconferencing, and audio texts
can translate an online course into a format that more kids can use.

Online courses have historically not been an option for a dyslexic kid.  Also,
they have required too much reading and writing = boring for anyone.

Just some more thoughts,

Marilyn

:)