[school-discuss] Costs of software choices & social change

The politicians and administrators need to be both
informed of software alternatives, costs and their fiscal
responsibilities to the public.

If the current persons in power do not choose to explore
and implement less costly but effective software and
operating systems then work collectively to remove them
from their positions of power. The process takes
research, time, money and williness to fight, but the
rewards can be sweet.

Use tables to show compatiblity and cost between
OpenSource, GPL and lower cost choices to MS products.
Provide relative cost data from institutions who have
made the transition from all MS to a mix or total change
to another OS and or applications. List primary sources
for your data along with contact data. Create a web
presentation which includes links to non-MS resources.
There is no need to copy data which is currently on the
internet for public access.

--
Justin-R-Swain@att.net
Linux and GPL Advocate