Re: [school-discuss] What's in a name?

Doug Loss wrote:

> Other than that "mentor" comes to mind, but that may be too
authoritatian and
> pedagogical for your needs.  All in all, I like guide.

"Mentor" also came to my mind, as I think of that as a tutor,
advocate,
and teacher rolled into one.  It also suggests the possibility that
the
mentored will eventually attain the same level as the mentor.  A
mentor
gently pulls someone up to his own level, and then boosts him even
higher.

--
Jim Thomas      **    Principal Applications Engineer ** Bittware,
Inc