Re: [school-discuss] ISO Award suggestions and Software Freedom

There seems to be consensus around either the Open Minds Awards, or the
Open Mind Awards. (An "n" followed by a "d" followed by an "s" is not so
easy to pronounce, unless you say it as "Mines" and that sounds like a
different award).

Those working on art work might want to, first, make sure we agree on
the name, but also make images that refer back to Schoolforge (ie, color
scheme, motif from Schoolforge puzzle logo, etc). Also, different sizes
(including small ones) that can be proudly displayed on web pages.

We could have in mind a set of categories, and then go out looking to
see what fills them. But, maybe we should just find excellent programs
and create categories for them. We could also give awards to people
rather than just projects. Politicians, programmers, columnists, etc.

Then, maybe we can just accept the nominations as awards, or vote if
necessary. How does this group decide anything?

I think we should do this in the next month, and have an PR/announcement
  to kick off the Software Freedom Season (see
http://emergent.brynmawr.edu/?SoftwareFreedom) on March 4th.

-Doug
--
Douglas S. Blank,         Assistant Professor
dblank@brynmawr.edu,            (610)526-6501

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss                 Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator  fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University     not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu           Mark Twain