Re: [school-discuss] Do we need a text-book for GNU/Linux?

onsdag 26. februar 2003, 16:26, skrev FN:
> I'm not sure what the point of having a Linux text books for Goa
> schools is? As you know, the ACES textbooks which are mandatory by the
> way, cover basic Windows operations a well as MS office. The same books
> are used even with our Linux PC's with the teacher pointing out the
> minor differences to the students.

We have started this work in norwegian, and people working on a
the english translation.

Trying out Linux for Schools for the first time...

Handbook for teatcher (in Norwegian -- early version):
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info//studentgrupper/2003-NITH-HjemmePC/laererkurs.sxw

Handbook for user administrators:
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/driftshandbok/IKT-bok.html.en

Course to get to know the Linux for school for user
administrators (currently in Norwegian):
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/kurs/kursdok.html

Some information in english:
http://developer.skolelinux.no/projectinfo.html.en
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/innlegg/k12ltsp.html.en
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/driftshandbok/IKT-bok.html.en
http://developer.skolelinux.no/index.html.en

The site for the users (we have som problems with the gettext to get
it right in multiple languates):
http://www.skolelinux.no

Our german counterpart:
http://www.skolelinux.de

Download for testing:
ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux-cd/
skolelinux-i386-pr35.iso is the newest test-version

-- Knut Yrvin
project leader