Re: [school-discuss] School web site CMS choices

Randy Edwards wrote:
[...]
When I say "school web site", I'm not talking about online classes (e.g. Moodle, Claroline, Manhattan, etc.) -- just the regular "informational" portions of a school web site (i.e. main page, events calendar, lunch menus, school board minutes, contact lists, etc.).
[...]
Also, any new free software toys/tools out there that I should be looking at?
Even if it is not stricly "school" oriented, I suggest you to give a look to OpenCMS:
http://www.opencms.org

It has some downsides (java based, first of all) but after carefully evaluating all of its features, I can say that, as far as I know, it is one of the best CMS out there and, the best one within FS/OSS solutions.

Regarding "modules" (calendar, workgroup, and so on), OpenCMS offers a wide range of API and it should be easy to "extend" it in the way you want (...and maybe someone just did it).

HTH.

Bye,
Damiano

--