Re: [school-discuss] New Python Version

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 12:29 +0900, Micheal Cooper wrote:

> True, but let's give the Python folks credit for making this major
> switch from 2 -> 3 as easy as possible. Like I said, it is a lot more
> considerate than VB->VBNet or PHP4->PHP5.

My $0.02

The PHP4->PHP5 was so overdue. PHP4 was so chock full of security issues
that 5 was just begging to be done. The upgrade to 5 was painful for
many things that relied on using the old, busted, backdoor hack
workarounds that the loss of a PHP4-only app was worthwhile!

I'm waiting to see how fast Google manages a rewrite as much of their
codework is in Python.
--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering