[school-discuss] Fwd: Open Admin Translation (was: FOSS Professional development courses for teachers)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Les R <openadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 7:23 AM
Subject: Open Admin Translation (was: FOSS Professional development
courses for teachers)
To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Richard,

 I have been working a bit with translators from KhmerOS  to help them
 translate Open Admin into Khmer.  I haven't heard anything for a
 couple of weeks now, so am not sure of their progress.

 I have also written some simple tools to convert current OA phrases
 which are stored in a database table into a standard .po file that can
 be used to create translations. Most translation tools can then read
 this .po file.

 I continue to work on OA to add multiple language features, and I
 would say that we're about 95% done in the scripts. All of the HTML
 files of OA come out of templates also designed for multi language
 use.

 If anyone is interested in a translation of OA in their language, they
 should contact me for tools, etc.  I need more help with alternate
 languages in order to improve the tools I have for translation.

 Thanks,

 Les Richardson
 Open Admin for Schools
 http://richtech.ca/openadmin