[school-discuss] Success Stories in ICT

There is a Victorian schools ICT conference in Melbourne (Aus) soon and the theme is "Success Stories in ICT". There is talk among local LUGs and associated communities about putting on a couple of posters and demonstration booths for Linux and FOSS.

Schoolforge seems to be US-centric in its membership but FOSS has no borders.
So I'm looking for ICT success stories with a FOSS angle (as well as supporting material). I'd like to hear about FOSS projects in education that have been a success - particularly if the success has been measured in some fashion.

If the list moderators are OK with it - I think it would be good to have the stories submitted to the list so list archives can be searched on this topic; but the Wiki (which I haven't looked at yet) is probably the place for this stuff to go on a more long term basis.

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail