Re: [school-discuss] Success Stories in ICT

--- JTD <johndenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> exceptional ideas...
>
> how about setting up a wiki on success stories?  there are currently various
> awards given in ICT-educaiton...  Stockholm Challenge, UNESCO, UNDP
> etc...    might be a good idea to list such awards and encourage real
> success be granted awards rather than such awards going to a narrow spectrum
> of applicants..

I'm not engaged with any such organisations and I have no intention of going
there if I can avoid it. I've been lobbying (pretty unsuccessfully) on some
standardisation issues recently (anyone following OOXML?) and I'm nauseated by
the circular politics and back-room maneuvring of NGOs.

I heard once that some native american tribal councils consider the effects on
the tribe seven generations hence when bringing down a decision. We could do
with some of that foresight and wisdom today.

--
  Rich

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail