Re: [school-discuss] Encryption Issue

> People with computer security responsibilities
> should take a look at this:
>
> http://citp.princeton.edu/memory/
>
> I'm not qualified to judge what the broader
> implications of this might be--any thoughts?
>
> Joel

Thanks for sharing! At work we take this sort of thing seriously, and this
is valuable info. On the school side, I'm thinking about potential loss of
PKI private keys, such as used by servers in conjuction with SSL. Even if
the result were only a prank -- a bogus server collecting homework that
mysteriously disappears -- it could be used by someone who wants to sell a
commercial app that runs on Micro-whats-it-called as a means to discredit
an existing FOSS solution.

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
Open Slate Project