Re: [school-discuss] application sharing on line

I'm surprised no one has suggested VNC.  You can run a VNC server on
your Linux machine and allow anyone to access it and control it by
giving them the password.  You can also have a second password for
a view-only connection.

A server can be run on a Windows PC to export the Windows desktop
to any VNC viewer (on any platform, including a Java widget in a
browser).

There are numerous free versions for all platforms.  I personally
use TightVNC, but mostly due to familiarity.

-Don