Re: [school-discuss] SIF - A second glance

On Friday 25 January 2002 10:35, you wrote:
>  Now, how about making up our own free, open standard ? Schoolforge is made
>  up of LOTS of organizations that deal with education, once we have a
>  specification, making it noticed by every other computer people and some
>  standards boards shouldn't be that tough.

I think it is a good idea to create an OPEN standard. I don't like the fact
that you have to be a paid member of SIIA if you want to affect the specs.
The same thing is with IMS standards, to participate in a working group you
have to pay $5000. How stupid, what an open standard is that?

you have my support.

Regards,

Teemu Arina
MimerDesk.org