Re: [school-discuss] EduML/SIF/IMS discussions

On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 17:44, Doug Loss wrote:
> Your point is well-taken, Bruno.  I didn't want to shoo you off so much
> as to make sure the conversation doesn't get submerged by a large amount
> of other messages.  ZHow about if we pick a specific tag that we all use
> in the subject of messages about this stuff so it's easy to find those
> threads?  That way, people whose eyes cross when we get talking
> technical can glance over them and continue on, while those of us who
> are avidly following the discussion can easily do so.  I propose we put
> "EduML" in the subject of every message that deals with data interchange
> formats.  How's that?

Friday I sent  a message about starting to outline a standard
for data exchange for education... well I think that is pointless
now with what Bruno, Steve T. and others are doing (leave town
for 2 days and everything changes. Wow! and great work people!:).

I would suggest a mailing-list for this(these?) project(s). Bruno
seems to have a good rubric for each stage of testing. as each
test is passed some one can send an explanatory message to
schoolforge-discuss. The main reason I see for a list is that
testing requires _a lot_ of communication, and many people do not
want their email inundated with emails about failed tests, but
people helping test are very interested in every minor success
or failure (I know I would like to more about what has already
transpired).

Thank you to those who replied to my proposal to look into
starting a project. I think that we should all follow Bruno's
and Steve's direction of "Data Interchange" rather than trying
to create any new standards (for right now at least).

--
Justin Zeigler <jzeigler@osef.org>
Open Source Education Foundation

My mind is like a rusty trap, you never know when, or if, it is
going to go off, and your likely to get tetanus when it does.