[school-discuss] LinuxWorld - School Forge Press Release

I wanted to let the list know about LinuxWorld and some good news for
SchoolForge.  I know the Director of PR for IDG World who I met at the SF
LinuxWorld and we have kept in touch and is always looking for new projects
and information to give to the Press at the Expo.  She was great getting us
lots of people to come to our booth and included alicebot.org in the wrap
up release last August.  I will be bringing her the School Forge Press
Release so she can pass it along.  Will seul.org have a booth.  I was in NY
on Monday (the Expo opens Wednesday) and they were working on the .Org
Pavilion so did not see all the signs up when I left the Conference Center.

There is other good news about the .Org Pavilion.  Compaq is now a
cornerstone sponsor of LinuxWorld and they have taken over sponsorship of
the .Org Pavilion.  They are going to be a very big support of the
.Orgs.  Their reasoning is they recognize this is where there is the
greatest pool of developer talent.  I am hoping to meet with some people
from Compaq and will also pass along the School Forge Coalition information.

For those of you that have attended LinuxWorld in the past, the .Org
Pavilion was divided into a few aisles.  At this Expo the .Org Pavilion is
all together in one line of booths which will give projects much more
exposure.  As in any case, people could miss a booth or not bother to stop
by all the .Orgs, but in this instance, there is more likelihood people
will not be missed.

If any of you are going to be in New York, please stop by the alicebot.org
booth (#6) and say hello.  I will be back in NY Wednesday and Thursday.

Brenda