Re: [school-discuss] EduML (3 jump in Channel, 1 lands on beach)

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 09:33:56AM -0800, Tonnesen Steve wrote:

> Let's not get too tangled up in the specifics of the eventual EduML
> schema.  There will be a lot of details to be worked on, and many parts of
> the schema will likely be lifted from IMS/SIF or other sources.

That is the plan for the proposed Exercise 3 : "To choose (concensuously)
one XML schema ... participatory democracy style"  followed by exercise 4:
to redo exercise 1 using the chosen schema.

> I've begun some work on Bruno's exercise 2.  :
>
> http://www.haz.cmsd.bc.ca/eduml.html
>
> What will load will be an HTML page with a table summarizing the data from
> the participants, along with an XML representation at the bottom.  If you
> just want to load the XML representation directly, use:
>
> http://www.haz.cmsd.bc.ca/cgi-bin/eduml-xml

Wow, Steve! You are the first to  have landed on the beach!  3 of us jumped
in the water with exercise 1 URLs, and you have combined our work into a
dynamic (meaning it automatically updates whenever any one of our 3 URLs
changes content)  summary!

Rather than start up another sub-mailing list, I propose we use the
groupware page on http://knowplace.ca/schoolforge  (you can self-join so as
to be able to add/correct anything on that portal) ... which is where Steve
and I have begun to compile research notes from these exercises.

Bruno