[school-discuss] introduction to the solar system - mercury and venus

hello,

later today, i'll be posting notes for mercury to
http://www.opensourceschools.org.  mercury is basically unknown to us
earthlings, so it didn't take long.

venus, on the other hand, is the most explored planet in the solar system
(excepting earth), so it'll be a while longer before you see that one.

the object is to produce a cd-rom with a full set of software, teacher's
notes, handouts, and so on.

we are going to make a bootable cd-rom for it with a full linux on it and
support for 2-3 video cards only.  cheap video cards.  that way windows types
can use it under linux and we won't have to slit our throats over video
support :-)

i wanted to use 3DPlanetarium from the resources list at our little community,
but it does not exist :-(

i got xplns at freshmeat - it's an rpm install on redhat and works on
slackware and freebsd as well.

the redhat with glibc 2.2 took 3.5 minutes to install and configure.
it works great.

unless someone steps up and says use mine! i'm rolling with xplns.

does anyone check out the stuff on the resource list?

mike eschman, etc ...
http://www.etc-edu.com
"Not just an afterthought ...
--