Re: [school-discuss] see ya later

brett hartshorn wrote:
I'm going off the mailing list.  I will be going to Nepal for five months.  I won't be able to
check my email while there, and i don't want my mail box to explode while i'm gone.

I will be teaching English and helping with Ganeshas Project.  If you haven't heard of Ganeshas
Project it's a project to bring linux and computers to people in remote areas of Nepal.
http://www.ganeshas-project.org/

The kids in ESL class at lincoln elm like their linux box.  I showed them blender3d, and how to
make the monkey face happy and sad, they thought this was very cool.
I talked to the administration about using linux in the other classes (they are using macs
rightnow), i guess you can't teach something without the school district approval first.  ESL is
different, anything you can do to get them to speak english is allowed.

Good luck, Brett! If you can, keep us informed about the progress, of Ganesha's Project (it was mentioned in a Linux in education report a while back, as I recall).

Is there anyone else at Lincoln Elem. who would be interested in subscribing to schoolforge-discuss? It would be a shame to lose all contact with them.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain