Re: [school-discuss] evaluation of astronomy apps at...

Hi all,

 > This could make Celestia questionable for the ISO; could I get
 > some opinions from others?

Don't get me wrong.  Celestia is probably the best astronomical
app I have ever seen.  It's both educational and immensely fun.
Just don't expect it to run smoothly on outdated hardware.

For me, the graphics card is probably the main bottleneck -  it's
only a TNT2, although lots of ram is essential if you want to use
hi-res textures (which is really just eye candy, not necessary
for educational purposes really).  I think it should still be
included on the ISO, since it's the best app in its class (no pun
intended).  Perhaps a link to 1.2.4 and earlier versions could
be included for those with performance issues.

Dan