[school-discuss] [Fwd: Fwd: penguin (OT everywhere!)]

[Raphael sent this to me a few days ago. It seems like something that would be of interest to many people and groups, so I'm forwarding it here.--Doug Loss]

>>> raphael calvelli <raphaello-mouse@altern.org> 01/23/03 03:15PM >>>
Hello Doug,

I am inscribed to seul-educ, so I know you are well informed, and I ask this to you, but probably there is a better place to post this announce:

we would like to spread this announce also in the United States and anglo-saxon world, as production costs and rarety of customers make it a bit difficult for producer to produce it in good conditions (it would be less expensive per item to produce 15 than just 3). Do you know which lists could be appropriate?

Thanks in advance,

Raphael Calvelli
from Lug of Florence.

========
If this may be useful to anyone:

we had to realize a suit of penguin. It's big, it's nice, it's handmade in an Italian workshop, it has a not-for-profit cost. Of course it is not for everyday use, but for the some rare occasions in which it could be useful to have it, for an install fest or a photo with your computer.

People interested can contact me directly.
========
Some free software partisans are organizing a demonstration of penguins in front of the italian Senate on 31th January.

In this occasion, we made models for suits of penguins. Production costs make that it would be easier to make some of them, than only a few ones. So we are spreading the voice that such a thing now exists, if it may be useful to anyone.

Body, head, feet, full with mousse. Photos of the prototype on http://potenzataf.com/pinguino/

This penguin is realized by association Sart'arte (Art of sewing), of Prato, sewing district near Florence. Sart'arte is an association for teaching sewing, recently created. The realization of the penguins will help this project to settle.

Cost: 90 euro + VAT (production price one piece at a time). The cost comes from the fabric, all the mousse, and the work.

Delay in paiement possible. Various sizes available if said at the moment of the order.

The model carton will be available, but not immediately.
====

Thanks to relay this mail.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain