Re: [school-discuss] Microsoft Thwarting Free Thinking

On Thursday 30 January 2003 01:38 am, Gerard Lam wrote:
> I really feel we need to do something about this...

In many places it is self-solving. The schools and universities there are
concerned more about control issues, politics, reliability, security and
management/maintenance than about the up-front cost. Microsoft would have to
_pay_them_ to accept software.

This is going to sound trite, but could you start with the `eat your own
dogfood' principle, and not use Microsoft's Hotmail service to complain about
Microsoft? It doesn't come across right; kind of like people presenting on
the virtues of OSS, using PowerPoint.

Cheers; Leon