Re: [school-discuss] a list of necessary topics for college intro to IT

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Marilyn Hagle
<marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Those are all great ideas.  Maybe we could create this content as a group on a
> Moodle site?
>
> I am weak as a sysadmin person, but I could set it up on my
> http://fineartsforall.org/moodle/mymoodle site and give those who wish to
> contribute the appropriate permissions.
>
> Then we make the backup .zip and anyone who wishes to use it can restore the
> .zip file.

I would love to gather suggestions and make it a persistent resource
for others, but making it a Moodle and then packaging it would not be
the best idea. If I am not mistaken, it would only be a list of
requirements, not an actual course. It would be better to use a wiki
or forum to make the entire list accessible at a single URL, so just
to get things rolling, I made a blog post to gather suggestions at

http://shinmaikeru.blogspot.com/2009/01/undergraduate-intro-to-it-syllabus-list.html

I will copy over the responses I have received on this thread. Please
access and contribute.

--
Micheal Cooper
Miyazaki, Japan (GMT+9, no DST)