Re: [school-discuss] M$ Elevate America

Great idea, Joel.

----- Message from jj2kk4@xxxxxxxxx ---------
    Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:31:42 -0800 (PST)
    From: Joel Kahn <jj2kk4@xxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: [school-discuss] M$ Elevate America
      To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know how many of you have encountered
this recent crypto-promotional stunt by the
good old boys in Redmond:

http://www.microsoft.com/elevateamerica

The state in which I reside is one of the
first to participate:

http://www.mo.gov/
(The link to the program is in the vertical
list on the right side of the page.)

One does not need an advanced degree to
figure out what M$ is really trying to
elevate in this case. :-(

Is the FLOSS community doing anything
similar? If not, what are the possibilities?
As a current recipient of unemployment
compensation, I am in a position to talk to
some of the bureaucrats involved; it would be
great to give them an interesting alternative
to what M$ is doing. I would also like to
communicate with my state representative and
state senator about this, if I had some people
and things to refer them to. . . .

Joel

----- End message from jj2kk4@xxxxxxxxx -----

--
* Flossed.org -- Free and Open Schools -- Free and Open Minds
* IKN (International Knowledge Networks, Co., Ltd. Thailand)