Re: [school-discuss] M$ Elevate America

Hi,

I like the idea of HFOSS. What is needed is a network of (small) companies/institutions doing FOSS with a sort of Quality Certification. I have been directed to the OSC (http://www.opensourceconsortium.org/). But something similar to that in Education would probably be a way to reassure people who adopt an open source solution as well as provide funding for some projects. School using open source software would have a guarantee in term of the quality of the delivery. It will then make the adoption of Open Source solutions in school a bit easier to "sell". Small Open Source Software Provider will then be able to build a network, benefiting everyone.

Laurent