Re: [school-discuss] Modified-nice Blackout page on Schoolforge.net is Live

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM, David Bucknell <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks to Justin's partioning of the front page, it doesn't modify the whole front page -- in fact you could ignore it (which is unfortunate).

Not that I want to ignore it, but I'm not seeing it.  Tried IE 8, Firefox and Chrome.

I checked a lot of the mailing lists I'm on yesterday and none of them were talking about the SOPA/PIPA legislation or the strike.  I posted to a couple of Linux lists and a web developers list about it to ask if anyone was getting involved in it and haven't heard anything back yet.  I did hear the strike mentioned on the radio today but only on NPR and in conjunction with that they mentioned that they along with a couple of other groups were offering a service via Twitter to make up for the wikipedia blockage today.  Kind of sounds more like strike breaking rather than helping the strike.  Hope sites like Google, Wikipedia, Creative Commons and FSF are having some luck today in getting the message out.

Sincerely,
Laura