[school-discuss] SOPA: Anti-Piracy or Censorship?

Here's the online version of a televised debate about SOPA/PIPA:

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/1/19/sopa_anti_piracy_or_censorship_wikipedias

IMHO, both sides over-simplified the issues; however, I think the Copyright Alliance lady
won the absurdity prize for her steadfast adherence to the party line: SOPA/PIPA won't

hurt anyone at all except those big bad sites out there which are dedicated to piracy....

The perverse quasi-hacker in me sort of wishes that some bill like this will actually pass
so I can have all kinds of juicy fun with acts of civil disobedience; however, I suppose
the whole mess would just be more trouble than its worth--just as NET, DMCA, and the
Copyright Term Extension Act (among others) have been.

Everybody stay tuned for more; its an election year. :-(

Joel

###