Re: [school-discuss] Discussion About Linux on Linkedin

My name is Robert Litt
I am a major user of Linux at the Oakland Unified School District.I'm a k-5 computer teacher.
Check out my website: https://sites.google.com/site/robertlitteportfolio/
I tried to find this thread on the linked In discussion and could not find it to add my two cents.

Many OUSD schools will need recycled computers run in Open Source software to survive the coming changes. They do not know this yet. OUSD is buying 7000 chromebooks this year and people think this will solve it all. It will for a year maybe two, but then.....I do not think it will sustain well.

From my point of view there is a lot of quiet technology inequity going on and the divider is along socio economic lines