Re: [school-discuss] FOSS Digital Literracy Camapaign in Cameroon,Africa

Good evening (here in Holland) Marc,

I will try to find some works of P.F. that are online.
In fact, it's very good to hear that you belong to the same group you are going to teach. That's an enormous advantage. Do not spoil the confidence of your group by following some curriculum, written by a teacher not belonging to the group.
By the way, I'm no academic.

Part of my work depends on P.F. and on Celestin Freinet a French (!!) teacher. He also stands for what you need.
Read the short intro on both CF and PF on
http://wyxs.net/web/was_en/intro.html

Both have about the same method. I summarize, so I have to be too short. The bottom line of their method is: "Ask the one who wants to learn what he/she wants to learn" Be in dialogue with the group to expore _their_ needs. In that way you create your own curriculum.
That's why you are so important!
Must be continued. Can you Skype?
Kind regards from a cold and winterly Holland,
Dirk