Re: [school-discuss] Free-Open Baccalaureate Idea

FYI:

http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html

"
MIT OCW is large-scale, Web-based electronic publishing initiative funded jointly by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and MIT. Its goals are to:

1. Provide free, searchable, coherent access to MIT's course materials for educators in the non-profit sector, students, and individual learners around the world.
2. Create an efficient, standards-based model that other universities may emulate to publish their own course materials.

We expect MIT OCW to reach a steady - though never static - state by summer 2007. Between now and then we will be publishing more MIT courses, adding features such as extensive metadata tagging, launching a comprehensive ongoing evaluation process, developing and enhancing our content management and publishing technologies, and evolving our internal staffing and workflow. In this early pilot stage, we will benefit enormously from your feedback as we strive to make MIT OCW as rich and useful as possible.
"

- Yishay

Yishay Mor
http://ioewebserver.ioe.ac.uk/ioe/cms/get.asp?cid=4381&4381_0=7303
y.mor@ioe.ac.uk Ph +44(0)20 7612 6963 F +44(0)20 7612 6964 AIM,Yahoo: yishaym; Jabber: yishaym@jabber.org; ICQ: 179772099
If this helped you, please take the time to rate the value of this post:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=yishaym
celebrating 100 years of excellence in education www.ioe.ac.uk/centenary