Re: [school-discuss] Free-Open Baccalaureate Idea

Oh. sorry.

My point was that I used make, until I found Ant, which eliminates all I hated about make. I think Massimiliano sees things differently. never mind. I suggest that if anyone is interested in discussing ant / make further, we take it off the list.

- Yishay

p.s.

Don't be impressed by my knowledge. I'm sure that if you would have been enslaved by the software industry for as long as I was, you would know just as much.

David Bucknell wrote:

No arguing here. I was honestly asking what the point was -- I use make but have
never used Ant -- just ignorance talking here.

I'm awed by the knowledge you all have.

Meanwhile, "start now" sounds good and you've done that.

David

Quoting Yishay Mor <y.mor@ioe.ac.uk>:

Oh dear, we're not going to have a religious war here, are we? Ant vs. make, perl vs. Java, Zope vs. JBoss, please - tell me this is not going to happen here!
This is starting to feel too much like alt-computers-languages.. ;-)

*I* happen to use Ant, I like the way it works, I like the syntax (yes, better than Target: dependency). That's just me, for what it's worth. But let's be honest: there was only one makefile written ever, and there was only one ant build.xml, the rest is just cut & paste.

I agree with Massimiliano. We all share the vice of getting emotionally attached to stuff we've written, be it code or text. IMHO, that's one of the good things about Wiki-s: they make your text transient.

Anyway, enough entertainment. "start now!"

best,

- Yishay

David Bucknell wrote:

What's the point? That no one uses ant?

I love this: "Start small, start easy, and
above all start now.''

David

Yishay Mor
http://ioewebserver.ioe.ac.uk/ioe/cms/get.asp?cid=4381&4381_0=7303
y.mor@ioe.ac.uk Ph +44(0)20 7612 6963 F +44(0)20 7612 6964 AIM,Yahoo: yishaym; Jabber: yishaym@jabber.org; ICQ: 179772099
If this helped you, please take the time to rate the value of this
post:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=yishaym
celebrating 100 years of excellence in education www.ioe.ac.uk/centenary