Re: [school-discuss] Learning Objects

Anna Johnson <anna_m_johnson@yahoo.com> writes:

> Learning Objects are basically chunks of reusable
> digital content that can be used to create a lesson or
> course, including assessment.
>
> For more info about learning objects, visit
> Macromedia.  The site includes sample assets so that

Thanks, Anna.

I gather the Macromedia technology is closed, proprietary, and aimed
at Windows and MacIntosh platforms, but the concepts themselves have
nothing to do with platforms.  As for implementation, it looks like
slides in pills and on steroids.  I've found this page useful to get
an understanding about the `what' rather than the `how':

    http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/CIE/AOP/LO_what.html

(I didn't get an overall nice impression.  But I barely more than
glanced at the thing.)