Re: [school-discuss] wireless drivers and ubuntu

On Monday 01 August 2005 04:30, Sandbox Education (Siobhan) wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can locate a driver for my DWL-G650+WIRELESS
> ADAPTER CARD?  I would like to try Ubuntu but need to access the
> internet.

Hi, Siabahn;

This forum...

    http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/f-18.html

...suggests using the Aetheros drivers with the DWL-G650+, but I don't
have one so I can't try it out for you. This post in particular seems
to suggest that some people have got it working without too much
trauma...

...and includes a glowing recommendation for madwifi, so try installing
madwifi through Ubuntu's package manager, and see if that helps. If
not, your best option is your local Linux user group (someone who can
plug and unplug stuff and so forth to see what happens), start here:

    http://www.linux.org/groups/

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia